April 6, 2016 § Leave a comment
April 4, 2016 § Leave a comment
I implemented a rudimentary version of Inverse Kinematics which makes positioning complex assemblies so much easier. The method only handles linear chains of objects and does not consider transformation constraints at joints for now. A few other interesting features will be added to the IK framework in time.
March 28, 2016 § 1 Comment
March 21, 2016 § Leave a comment
I’ve been developing Neobarok full-time and on my own resources for the past two years. Now, in order to get a full license for the development environment, release new versions (including the Linux and Mac builds) and continue working on it for one more year, I will be asking for your help and I will launch a crowdfunding campaign. I am currently preparing the campaign and the rewards will include complex 3D models with full video tutorials, two magazines on the art and ideas behind Neobarok (see pictures below), and a few surprises !
Here is a very rough schedule for the next 2-3 months:
- Crowdfunding (Indiegogo): April 12 – May 20
- Free release for Windows, Linux & Mac (date and details will come along the way).
On a technical note:
- The next release comes with two interfaces: you can start in basic mode with a simplified interface, and as your grasp of the software and your modeling needs increase switch to the complete interface.
- I have updated the way GIF animations work inside the software, I will show some nice “holograms” in a short presentation video I am planning to release in the upcoming days.
- I have added some snap-to-grid options when drawing, which makes it easier to create precise objects, with perpendicular lines or particular angles. There will be quite a few more things to increase precision (snap to object features, snap to angle etc.).
- Almost finished integrating a simple version of all BiTools (hydraulics, lightning, muscles…), a few more will be added, as well as some editing options.
- Started a PBR framework for a simpler and more realistic approach to materials and lightning – this will take some time, probably fully functional by the end of the year.
- I have the basic layout for the next big thing in Neobarok (along with Assembly and Sculpt this will complete my initial concept of this software). I will reveal it when the time is right…
March 8, 2016 § 2 Comments
Cables automatically adjust themselves to connect two objects, same as the other BiTools.
All BiTools (Hydraulics, Cables, Lightning…) are functional but still need to be fully integrated into the software core. The Lightning tool has been updated – all lightning bolts are different and are generated on the fly with little computing overhead.
February 29, 2016 § Leave a comment
A quick session showing the Lightning tool that is built on top of a BiTool (same as Guides, Muscles, Hydraulics).